Our IT Cyber Essentials Plus certification is an advanced certification level of the UK government-backed Cyber Essentials scheme. It builds on the basic technical controls outlined in the Cyber Essentials scheme and involves a more rigorous testing process.
Cyber Essentials Plus certification provides businesses with a higher level of assurance that their cyber security measures are effective in protecting against common cyber threats. It can be particularly beneficial for businesses that handle sensitive or personal information, or that have contractual obligations to demonstrate a high level of cyber security to their customers or partners.
To achieve a Cyber Essentials Plus certification, businesses need to demonstrate that they have implemented the basic technical controls and undergo an additional independent technical verification of their security controls. This verification includes an on-site assessment of the security controls to ensure that they are properly implemented and functioning effectively.
This is a comprehensive and robust approach to cyber security certification that provides businesses with the assurance that they are protected against cyber threats, while enhancing their reputation, and allowing them to gain a competitive advantage in today's digital landscape.
TwentyFour IT provide the Cyber Essentials Plus Certification in Doncaster and Bracknell to help your business gain the benefits of possessing it. Carrying out the certification involves a rigorous testing process that builds on the basic technical controls outlined in the Cyber Essentials scheme.
Here are the general steps involved:
1. Implement basic controls: the first step is to implement the basic technical controls required by the Cyber Essentials scheme, such as boundary firewalls and internet gateways, secure configuration, access control, and malware protection.
2. Pre-assessment review: a pre-assessment review is carried out by the assessor to ensure that the business's systems meet the requirements of Cyber Essentials Plus.
3. On-site assessment: an independent Cyber Essentials Plus assessor conducts an on-site assessment of the business's systems and processes to verify that the controls are implemented and functioning effectively.
4. Vulnerability testing: the assessor uses a range of techniques to identify vulnerabilities and test the effectiveness of the controls, including vulnerability scanning, penetration testing, and configuration review.
5. Remediation: if any vulnerabilities are identified, the assessor provides recommendations for remediation, and the business must address any issues before certification can be granted.
6. Certification: once the business has demonstrated that it has implemented the required controls and addressed any vulnerabilities, the assessor provides certification that the business has achieved Cyber Essentials Plus.
7. Renewal: Cyber Essentials Plus certification is valid for 12 months and must be renewed annually to ensure ongoing compliance with the Cyber Essentials scheme.
The Cyber Essentials Plus certification process is designed to provide businesses with a higher level of assurance that their cyber security measures are effective in protecting against common cyber threats.
Higher level of assurance regarding cyber security.
Improved risk management.
Meeting contractual obligations.
Compliance with high cyber security standards.
Better protection from cyber security threats.